Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's a girl!

We feel so blessed to be expecting our fourth DAUGHTER this December.
While there were a few tears and broken hearts that Santa won't be bringing a brother - we all now agree that having 4 sisters in a row will be really fun ... college roommates, high-school friends, YW camps together, dance classes, musicals, and more people to share American Girl dolls with!
Plus, as our Genentech statistician friend, Steve Francom PhD, informed us - only 1 in 32 families with four children is lucky enough to have four-of-a-kind.
Here are the "growing belly" (it's not a bump with #4, I'm afraid:)) pictures at 16, 18, and 20 weeks:
CRAVINGS:
Maybe it was our 48 hour layover in Tokyo on our way home from Hong Kong during our first pregnancy, but for whatever reason with all four girls (pregnancies) I crave (vegetarian) sushi. With Ella, Anne and Mary, Benj and I would meet at least once a week at the San Mateo Hillsdale Mall food court, and I would get a California roll - over the years I became pretty good friends with the Hanna Grill workers (who all spoke Cantonese, coincidentally) and were convinced that I spent my life pregnant (since that was the only time they'd see me).
When we were in Kiev last month there was a clean-looking legit sushi bar, and for the first time this pregnancy I was able to get my roll - love the rice, pickled ginger, and soy combo of flavors. I recently purchased all the necessary ingredients at Metro to make my own ... so craving fulfilled (finally)!
And in case you were wondering, when I make the vegetable rolls for lunch, I am the only one that eats them ... Ella, Anne and Mary ask for peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches on those days, so the craving didn't transfer while the little ones were in-utero.






5 comments:

Jen said...

...and four fairy-tale weddings!! =)
HOORAY for girl! Congratulations my cute friend!!

Ingrid said...

More beautiful hair to do, fun shopping to be had. Girls are so much fun. Congratulations. A new baby girl will be a great Christmas present. Hope you are all doing well. When I looked at sushi today, I thought of you.:)

Wan Family said...

Congratulations Meagan! I am so happy for you. We love sushi at our house, all of us. Someday when you come back to the US, we'll have to eat some together.

Beka said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! I am so happy for you and your family. Our Kate is really hoping for a sister one of these days!

Beka said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! I am so happy for you and your family. Our Kate is really hoping for a sister one of these days!