Friday, August 17, 2012

Children's Railway


When the Soviet Union dissolved, there were 52 "Children's Railway Stations" in operation - today we rode the one in Lviv. The USSR wanted to train the next generation how to run and operate the railways, and so began this project where children, under professional supervision, run railways for short distances. Pictured with us is the boy who checked our tickets. 

I've consoled myself that our little ones are getting a different kind of "education" - since we're missing out on all the back to school fun. I'm not sure why, but the who "Children's Railway" thing is quite fascinating in a near eerie sort of way. 


We also discovered a great park close by - It's always fun to find a new place to play, and this one is  possibly the best we've found yet in Lviv.

I know I'm biased, but this picture is why I love these girls so much.
They really are best friends - they play well together and help each other reach goals. 

No comments: