Thursday, June 26, 2008
Due Date
Today I am 40 weeks pregnant... which means from here on out, I (like a misplaced library book) am over due.
I went into labor the day before Ella's due date and she was born right on her expected arrival day, so this is a new feeling to go beyond the expectant date. In fact, it is sort of a let down. You anticipate something big to happen by a certain time (a baby to be born), have your mom come to town to help out with the toddler while you are in the hospital, try to get things in order around the house, bags packed ... and then ... nada. So today, after meeting friends for our walking group and then taking Ella to the library for story time, I did what any rational girl would do in my situation; I went shopping.
A pound of See's Candies, new place mats and napkins from Pottery Barn, a new Janie & Jack outfit for the baby and some nursing essentials later, I would call today a productive afternoon. We'll see what tomorrow has in store (no pun intended:)).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Well, shoot, I was checking here to see if there was any news! Good girl - when all else fails, chocolate is the answer! :)
DARN IT...she will come soon enough...keep walking!!:) I can't wait to see her...good luck...I hope the next time I check your blog you will post that you are heading to the hospital!! YEAH!
I've been thinking about you all this week! She's holding out on you....oh...she's going to be more than worth it. I love your solution: shopping. You look so adorable!
Oh Meagan, I got online just to see if your baby had arrived. I can't wait to hear the happy news and see pictures of your new baby.
I guess pregnant women who look that fantastic on their due date have to go a few days over. :)
What is your doctor's plan? As cute as you look, this cannot go on forever. Shopping is a great way to make anything better. It looks like you did well. The placemats look nice on your table.
Here is my advice take some girlfriends go to Perkins or Dennys and order a brownie sundae. Then have a few good laughs and maybe you will go into labor. It worked for Karha! You look really good and I hope to hear soon that you will have your baby!
Man I can not imagine going full term you are a champ. What a fabulous excuse to go shopping and buy chocolate and clothes.
Granpa Lowell said the wait is over
7#14% 11:05
You look amazing! I love the place mats you bought. SO cute! I hope you don't have to wait too much longer!
Post a Comment