We attended the Marie-Antoinette and the Petit Trianon at Versailles exhibit today (thanks Ambyr for organizing this).
Great weather, great friends, a great city and great art... basically a great day.
I forgot Ella's stroller (one draw back to carpooling is you always forget something that you normally have in your own car) so she was at large and incharge wandering the museum.
A couple of my favorite parts of the exhibit were: the King's bed, Marie's broach with over 2,400 diamonds and a painting Marie had commissioned of her as a "care free" child dancing with her brother, who is also depicted as a child. You can't take pictures of the exhibit, but it was really neat:) I also really love the Rodins and Debbie showed Ella her favorite painting... Russian Wedding.
A couple of my favorite parts of the exhibit were: the King's bed, Marie's broach with over 2,400 diamonds and a painting Marie had commissioned of her as a "care free" child dancing with her brother, who is also depicted as a child. You can't take pictures of the exhibit, but it was really neat:) I also really love the Rodins and Debbie showed Ella her favorite painting... Russian Wedding.
Today also is the 1/2 way mark of pregnancy #2 ... for some reason, in my mind this is a big day~ 20 weeks and down hill from here! As embarassing as it is to take a profile picture, I did it.
Last February, while we were in Arizona, Ella and I attended the Rembrant exhibit with my mom, grandma and great-aut Idee. Ella became fussy toward the end, so we didn't push it and look for a suvienier, though I sort of wish we had since it was her first art exhibit. Today we had a little more time to browse... and Ella got a new book.
I can't wait to read it with her when she wakes up from her nap.


8 comments:
You are so right...that movie clip is adorable!
Ella is so dang cute!! I can't believe you are half way. Congrats!!! You are looking good.
Looks like the day was a lot of fun. I wish I could have gone!
That looked fun!!! I like art museums! The book looks cute too! And you look ADORABLE!! Love the outfit, love the hair and love your cute tummy! Can't wait to see you!
Great post Meagan! Thanks for being the camera woman. 20 weeks already?? Wow. You look good!
I always thought I'd be an Elizabeth Bennett but turns out I'm an Elinor Dashwood! (which I don't mind either...just as long as I'm not a Lydia Bennett I think i'm doing ok!) and I know what you mean about the dresses Gwyneth Paltrow wore..was watching it the other night and was wishing I could make one and WEAR it AND not look stupid! :)
What a fun day! I love musuems, but don't get there as often as I would like. You are brave for bringing kiddos. I loved the profile shot- you look great!
Congrats making it half-way! You look great!
Post a Comment