...Yesterday was my first day of the pedagogy seminar I am taking at San Francisco State this semester, and that (I'm Mormon) was my unique introductory fact. Turns out it was unique. Pedro, my fellow BECA grad friend from Portugal, was the one to introduce me and he even commented that he had never met a Mormon before. I debated whether or not to drop the "Mormon bomb" on the first day of class (there are other unique things about me I am sure), but I decided to get the facts out on the table quick and early, rather than letting people speculate about this 26 year old who is married (sigh), and has a child (gasp), and is pregnant with another (doesn't she know about population control!). Gotta love the liberal pull at San Francisco State.
In truth, I do love SFSU. I had a great time getting my books from the book store and library, and meeting with faculty during the grad meet and greet. Being on campus is exhilarating, and I think it is good for me to be in the minority at least once a week... character building if nothing else.

Good news is my dad was in town, so Ella was well cared for on my first day of class. Not to mention that Grandpa Lowell taught Ella some great new skills (like to fold her arms when we pray, new words and how to play catch). Ella loves the attention Grandpa Lowell gives and is going thru withdrawls without him.
8 comments:
You're a Mormon?! I'm a Mormon, too! :) I'm glad you had the courage to let it all out yesterday. Way to be.
We had a blast at Betsy's last playgroup. Thanks for always making us feel welcome and at home. Samuel talks about Ella ALL the time!
Congrats our your baby boy...I love boys. Also way to go on sharing your faith. It is a huge part of your life.
Thanks for sharing your blog site on your Christmas card -- it's been fun to see! Also, congrats on your new baby! (By-the-way, our husbands are cousins in case you're wondering who I am -- we met once at Adam and Erin's baby's blessing a while back.)
That is TOO FUNNY!! I want to hear how it all went...did anyone have anything to say afterwards?! I love reading your posts...they are always funny or thought provoking! WTG Ella...she'll be a GREAT big sister. Are you any closer to a name for Mr. Becker?! We also need a pregnancy shot...I bet you look so dang cutE!!!
Way to be unique! I bet you'll get some interesting questions- especially with Mitt Romney being so prominent right now. Keep posting fun interactions- it's cool to hear about!
It's special when I make it on someone's blog--thanks Meagan.
-Betsy
I think I would love going back to school and being able to get books and school supplies-i am totally a nerd at heart! I am proud of you for being so upfront and honest-can't wait to see you in 3 short weeks!
As a father, grandfather, father-in-law. a blog is an event everytime it is opened. What excitement. Thanks Meagan
Post a Comment