Tuesday, October 30, 2007

sad and glad news

The sad news is Benj's grandma, Ella's great-grandma, Joyce Ann Becker passed away. She was a very sweet lady and lived a life of service and dedication to her family and the Lord. Benj went to her funeral in upstate New York today. She will be very missed.


The other news is (aside from this quick trip to New York), since I stopped working in Montana two years ago, Benj and I have really only been apart twice. The first time was when I went to a baby shower in AZ for Ella, and he surprised me by painting the walls of our living room and putting in new light dimmers and fixtures. The last time was in August when Ella and I went to Wisconsin to see my mom's family, and Benj again surprised me by painting the kitchen, planting a new tree and creating more storage shelves in the garage. So, I figured I had to come up with a surprise for him too when he comes back tonight. Painting walls and building shelves were not on my to-do list, so I decided it was time to cut my hair.

I donated my hair to Locks for Love once before (right after graduating high school). This cut isn't exactly the Katie Holmes look I was going for; but I've heard, and believe, the difference between a good hair-cut and a bad one is about two weeks, so I am not too worried. The trouble is, and you will notice in the future I am sure, I forgot that when my hair is short I look like I am in a perpetual wind-storm... it naturally flips under on the left and out on the right. No matter what I do, blow-dry, straighten, curl... I look like the wind is blowing the same direction- always:)

11 comments:

Melly Mel said...

Meagan, I am so sorry to hear about Benj's grandmother. That is such sad news. I hope he is doing alright.

Also, your hair looks great! It truly does and what an amazing cause. I'm glad you did it. I wish I was as courageous as you and as good of a person as you. What a wonderful thing you did. You have such healthy, un-treated, un-manipulated hair. Whoever gets your hair is really lucky girlfriend! I need to call. Sorry I have been super busy lately but haven't stopped thinking about my cute Beckers!

I miss you guys!

megan said...

So sorry about Benj's Grandma! I hope the family is doing alright.

As for your hair- love it!! It is so cute! You are too cute!

Russell said...

Wow, bold move. If you can get Betsy to leave for a day or two, I think I might cut my hair too.

Ingrid said...

Sorry to hear about Benj's grandmother. Was that the grandma that I went to visit with you? She was so cute.
I love your haircut. It must be a genetic problem with the flipping up. I have the very same problem. I think you did a great thing. Benj will love the surprise.

Jen J said...

Love it! I have the same problem when my hair is short. I think it increases the style factor. What did Benj think?

debbie rowley said...

Sorry to hear about Benj's grandmother. I hope he is doing okay.

I have to say I love the surprise... your hair looks great!

Ambyr said...

Meagan! I love your hair short! I think it is very flattering and was definitely worth missing out on the walk yesterday! I bet Benj was loving it. This is the look for you. Have fun with it.

The Becker Bunch said...

You look beautiful...as usual!! Your hair could spike straight up and you'd still find a way to make it work!! Great hair, great cause! Sorry to hear about Benj's grandmother..that is always sad to hear, but comforting to know where she is and that you'll see her again!!

Sals said...

Sorry to hear about Benj's grandma...
I don't think you could have a bad hair cut!! You always look great..now you look like you did when I first met you!! :) Jake was having his 1st birthday in Hong Kong and now he just had his 5th!!! Time flies!!

The Reichmans said...

Meg, I am sorry about his Grandma. I think it is amazing that you donated you hair again-i never could because mine is WAY too damaged. I really like your cut and dont think it looks like you are in a windstorm at all-it looks really good!

sara said...

darling!! i hope it worked out okay with denise.