Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ella's First Birthday








Ella is One! I cannot believe how quickly the last year has gone by and it has been the best year yet! Thank you all for your kindness and support. We truly feel blessed to have great family and friends. Happy Birthday Ella!

In addition to having a pumpkin cookie decorating/sidewalk chalk drawing costume party... Ella was invited to make her first birthday cake at our dear friend's (Marelene McBride) home.

Marlene has a family tradition of making multi-color cakes for birthdays. Ella and I convinced her to share the family secret and help create Ella's first birthday cake.

No two cakes are ever the same, and the goal is to get each at least one of each color in every slice. Thanks Marlene~ this is a great tradition!

9 comments:

Sals said...

Happy Birthday ELLA!!!! The party looked like it was soo much fun..and I love the cake!

Quin said...

Happy B-day to you
Happy B-day to you
Happy B-day to ELLA
Happt B-day to you

cant believe that ELLA is already 1 =) wow ... i wish i can come to see her !!

love ya,
Quin ( antie Quin ) haha ...

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday, Ella! Can't believe how big she is! Looks like she had a great birthday...and a really cool cake :-)

Ingrid said...

So sorry we had to miss the big party. It looks like you had a great time. First birthdays are so much fun. I love Ella's costume, and the cake was great. Happy Birthday Ella!

Tammy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA!! We cannot believe that you are one. How time flies. I am sending you a package so it is late, but you can celebrate your birthday even longer!!! We love and miss you!!

megan said...

Happy Birthday Ella! I LOVE the cool cake! And I am glad that the octopus costume won out! It is so, so cute!! Happy birthday!

The Reichmans said...

Happy birthday Ella!!! Isn't it crazy we have been moms for a year?! It went by so fast. Her party looks like it was so much fun.

Melly Mel said...

Happy Birthday cute ella! You're one and you're the cutest girl! I so can't believe she's one Meag! I remember when she was in your belly! You did such a good job on her birthday but then again it's a party thrown by the Beckers so it can be a disappointment! Jack and I wish we could have been there to help her celebrate her first year. Love you guys! xoxo

Jen J said...

Thanks for sharing the birthday with us! You guys know how to throw a great bash!