Last night we saw the Lviv ballet perform the Creation - In 2 Acts at the Opera House.
The performance was fabulous, and the Opera House is beautiful.
Ella, Anne, and Mary were enthralled. Initially we hoped to "make it through" the first act, but Ella and Anne loved it so much they insisted on staying through the second act as well (and Mary was truly entertained).
This was a new ballet for all of us - besides incredible dancing, I was impressed with how triumphant Eve was portrayed as being - she was the heroine of the show. The orchestra was marvelous. The music was so inspiring - and there was a choir that came in on various parts (mostly when Eve danced) that was truly angelic.
While Ella and Anne did enjoy the dancing, they were a little disappointed in the costumes ... a lot of nude leotards.
So, to make up for the lack of tutu's, we are going to Swan Lake tomorrow!
I love Lviv.
4 comments:
i want to go to the ballet with you! we'll settle for ballet west when you move to utah.
I'm thinking that we really need to catch up because you are in the Ukraine for what seems like more than a vacation, and I had no idea that you were going. It looks like such a great adventure. Hope you are getting settled in and continue to enjoy all that is ahead of you.
I'm glad they loved it! But, I'm getting worried that you won't want to return in August!!
Wow! It looks so incredible! Keep the pictures and updates coming!
Post a Comment