Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday, August 16rh

We were pleasantly shocked to find the ward building in Willow - the congregation was larger than ours! Plus, the building looked like it belonged in a "woodsy" setting - very appropriate.
Probably one of my top-three favorite meeting houses (Fanling, Hong Kong and Lvov, Ukraine are the other two)

Later that day we had a Family Photo Shoot of
Grandma and her posterity.
Getting a group shot with every one's eyes open and looking semi decent is not an easy task. Kathy organized a group picture, and fortunately (lots of images later) we got one that works.

I think Grandma Ginny is going to use this for her Christmas card.
It was really cute - we had a camera on a tripod and use the self timer. Each time the camera took a picture the kids all ran to look at the image. Ella was a little slower than the rest of the pack, but insisted on looking at each picture before we could take another.

Here are a few of the other combination shots:
Two sentences I overheard while we were taking the pictures (by two of the most patient men I know), and they are worth remembering:1. "You can either fight this or embrace it, but either way it's happening." ~Rich
2. "I think taking all these pictures is a little much, but every time, when it's said and done, I'm glad we did it." ~Uncle Rick

No comments: