Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day & More

I think celebrating Labor Day is like having an extra Saturday - on a Monday. You can take a lazy morning, have family time, go to the beach, update the blog, responding to emails, etc.
In addition, September 1st is Anne's 2 month birthday... time flies.
We love you Anne Catherine!
Ella and Anne like to wear matching dresses to church.

Ella is magnifying her calling as big sister: changing Anne's diaper ,smothering her with kisses,
and teaching her how to play with her mobile.


One of the things I really love about the Bay Area is that we are within 30 minutes of three international airports.
Not only does that mean we can take off to fun places, but often family and friends pass through.
My former mission companion, Alexis, came to dinner with her husband and daughter- they were on their way back to Maryland from a vacation in Alaska.(now) (4 years ago) (as missionaries). It was great to see her and catch up a little.

My second cousin, Addison, had a seven hour layover here on his way back to Minnesota from an architectural internship in Shanghai... so he was able to come over and meet the family. The last time I saw Addison was in Madison Wisconsin when I was 12 years old.
To beat the recent heat we joined some friends at the pool... Anne's first time swimming.
She was uninterested and promptly fell asleep, but Ella continues to love being in the water.

5 comments:

Petersons said...

Wow! I am so excited you finally blogged! The pictures are so cute! I love labor day too, I am glad you had fun!

Tammy said...

I can't believe how big little Anne is getting. I agree labor day is a great day!

a bunch of BS said...

Great update Becker!

Brittany said...

Anne's hair is amazing! I wish I could get that type of volume in my hair. She is adorable! :) I especially love the pictures of the girls looking at the mobile. Very cute!

Beka said...

Ella is such a sweet big sister to Anne. Those photos of the two of them are precious.