Monday, September 1, 2008

Anne's blessing & Amy's wedding

It has been about a month since my last blog post... the longest lapse of posting since I began blogging! Two great events happened in that time: Anne Catherine had her baby blessing at Benj's parents house in Bountiful and Amy (Benj's youngest sister) was married in Salt Lake.

The flight to Salt Lake was great; Anne slept and ate and Ella read Dr. Seuss with Daddy. It was Ella's first flight as a ticketed passenger.

Ella and Anne loved spending time with their cousins, Chase and Ryan:


Amy was married on Saturday; she married a great guy (Adam), the sealing was really touching, she looked beautiful and had a fantastic reception at the McCuen Mansion.
Ella enjoyed her self and was very helpful with clean up
while Anne just sort of took it all in.
We tried to take a "good family picture," but alas, this is the best we could come up with.
My parents came to Utah for the blessing/wedding and were great babysitters while we were at the sealing and luncheon. Thanks mom and dad.
Grandma Susie even had Grandma Lee Lee helping out in the kitchen;
which, for those of you who know how often my mom bakes bread, is a real accomplishment -
or at least a leap of faith:)

Betsy Anderson did the flowers for Amy's wedding, and though we didn't take a picture together, I did just come across this picture from a sucker making date we had shortly after Benj and I were married.

We look so young!

The following day, Sunday, we blessed Anne Catherine at Benj's parents house after church.
I had never been to a "family" baby blessing, so I was not quite sure what to expect, but it turned out great. We were able to have family there (like Benj's grandmother Callister) that would otherwise not have been able to attend. My aunt Carol, cousin Ingrid and kids, cousin Tom and his wife Jillynne were able to come too. Plus we were able to see the Andersons, my dear friend KT and family, the Harnois and others.
Thank you all for making Anne's blessing day such a memorable and wonderful experience.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Taking family pictures with little kids is a chore I have decided. I don't think that we have taken one where every one is looking at the camera.

Ingrid said...

It was so fun to see you and your cute family. Let's not wait so long until the next time we get together. Sarah seems to remember Ella, and enjoys looking at the pictures of Ella and Anne.

Beka said...

Thanks for letting us be a part of that wonderful day.

Amy Jane said...

I love all the pictures! Miss you!!

The Reichmans said...

I am sad that I never got to see you when you were in Utah-it looks like you had a great time though. Anne is getting so chubby-i love her cheeks and her cute hair.

debbie rowley said...

What a fun trip! I love that your two little girls match! How adorable!

megan said...

How fun!! I absolutely love the family picture! :) What a fun trip and so crazy that Ella is a ticketed passenger!! They are growing up so fast!