Monday, March 3, 2008

Lunch at Google-Land

One of my more recent life-time goals is to have lunch at Google. Google is consistently rated the top company in the US to work for, and today, for my 27th birthday I found out why.


It's 75 degrees in Mountain View, the Google campus has employees riding bikes and walking from building to building, the life guard is reading a magazine by the empty lap pools, a few people are in the work out room, some are getting massages, others walking their dog (you are welcome to bring your dog to work and it can stay at your cubicle, as long as the other people on your team don't mind), and most people are trying to figure out what to eat from one of the 20 gourmet food areas.

We started at "No Name" with an organic salad and spicy mango dressing. Then went to the Japanese restaurant and had hand rolls. Tried the House chocolate chip ice cream, grabbed a mini Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream (my all time favorite, never pass that up), the dessert bar, and yes, the smoothie bar. No cards to swipe, no bills to pay... you just tell them what you want, and they give it to you- I could get used to this.

Thanks Ken for an amazing birthday lunch and tour of Google-Land, it was Google-istic!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday to you! I really hope that you had a great day. You are the best and I miss you alot!!!

heidizinha said...

i am obsessed with google. they are so amazing.

megan said...

Cool!! That is awesome! I want to work for google too!! Happy Birthday! ANd I have some info on the ward in Monteray- give me a call when you get a chance! PS- Didn't you love Abby's message? :)

Kacey said...

Happy Birthday Meagan! I'm glad you had such a fun lunch at Google. Now, if we could only get Clint a job there.....

The Becker Bunch said...

Sign me up!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You have done SO much in your life...you are just amazing!! I hope you have a great day and a fantastic YEAR!!!

Petersons said...

Oh my gosh! I had no idea that is what you did! That looks like a lot of fun! It was so fun to babysit ella by the way and I can't wait to do it again!

Sals said...

Happy Birthday!!! oh and I'm sooo glad you posted this...Mike has always said he wants to move to SF and work for google...but I could never see the big deal...until now...I've decided it's one of MY lifetime goals to do all I can to help my husband achieve one of HIS dream goals!!! haaa oh by the way - if I was to go to SF - what are the best places to see and how many days would I need to see them??? We're considering a trip...in May...cross our fingers

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!!! That sounds like a fun day. Jake will be SOO jealous when I tell him. He loves google too and I am sure he would love to go there. I would love the lunch!

The Reichmans said...

I hope you had a great day! I hope you got my text I sent. I want to work for google after hearing about all the cool things there. I am glad you had so much fun!