Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter in Paris

So far, so good. Ella slept a decent amount on our 11 hour plane ride, and seems not to have any problems with the time change (definately a Becker gene, since I was up from midnight to 4 a.m. trying to solve the world's problems in my head).

Our hotel is right by the Eiffel Tower.


This morning we took the subway to church... Ella's first subway experience, I wonder if subsequent rides will be as entertaining and delightful.



After our church service, we went to Notre Dame and made it in time for Easter Mass... as in masses of people, and the service was good too

(though Ella is the only one who seems to respond to Latin).


If we didn't have an almost 17 month year old with us, we would have then gone to the Musee D' Orsay, but I guess nap time is the price you pay for traveling with kids. Turns out for the best anyway, since we got to play peek-a-boo under the Eiffel Tower and ride the carousel...

more fun than a museum.

16 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow! Can't believe y'all are in Paris!! Have fun!!

Tammy said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!! It also looks warm, wish I was there. Hope you have lots of fun!!!

Ambyr said...

Um, I wish I were there! Isn't Paris the best!? Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Memories of times past.

The Becker Bunch said...

I wanna be in YOUR family...you guys are amazing with all your trips and vacations!! I love it! I'm jealous...but I love it! HAPPY EASTER

Allyson said...

Woah! You're in Paris? I'm so jealous. It looks like so much fun! Maybe next time I go I'll be more awake and be able to check out the museums... or make it into Notre Dame. :)

The Reichmans said...

I am so jealous! It looks amazing! I hope you get to go to that museum I went to it with my family and it was great! Glad you are having such a great time!

The Reichmans said...

I am so jealous! It looks amazing! I hope you get to go to that museum I went to it with my family and it was great! Glad you are having such a great time!

Brittany said...

It just looks glorious! How incredible! Paris is on our "Maybe Someday List"! What a beautiful family. Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Kacey said...

Have fun on your trip! I am living my dream to go to Paris through you. :)

Larsen's said...

How wonderful!!! I would love to go to Paris someday. I am sure you are having an awesome time. I bet the food is soooo good there, huh? Have fun!

megan said...

How fun!! I hope that the trip is continuing to be amazing! I'm excited to see more pictures when you get a chance!! Have fun!

Sarah said...

Cool! Sounds like an awesome Easter!

Melly Mel said...

What an amazing Easter! Paris! I love your blog. It makes me so happy! 79 more days! How are you feeling?

debbie rowley said...

Easter in Paris... HOW FUN!

Beka said...

I loved reading about your time in Paris.