Ella and I spent the last week in Wisconsin, visiting family and friends. My mom went 'home' to Kenosha for her 35th high school reunion, and Ella and I decided it was a great time for us to stop by and surprise Great-Grandma Ginny. Ella became an expert at opening and closing cabinets as well as climbing into suitcases by herself.
We met up with my mom's cousins, spent time at Uncle John's cottage and even made it to Wisconsin Rapids.
This is the office of the shoe store (Chiappetta Shoes) my Great Grandfather started when he immigrated to the U.S. from Italy. Uncle Freddie (left) runs it now, and the family hopes Nicholas (right) will take over when he finishes college. We also visited my late Grandpa Gregorin and Grandma and Grandpa Chiappetta.
Ella and I took our morning walks along Lake Michigan and loved looking at the old brick homes in Grandma's neighborhood. The best part about these charming houses is that they are right on lake Michigan and have fantastic waterfront property. Did I mention they are affordable? Relatively speaking they are! Then again most places, outside of CA, are.


6 comments:
You're right--those are great houses! Welcome home, we missed you!
Those are some good pic's of the 4 generations. I like the one at the beach the best. I also LOVE the pic's of the houses! That'd modivate me to walk every morning too! Looks like you had a good trip. I'm glad you're back though.
I think the Bourne Ultimatium is probably my favorite movie right now. If I had to pick somebody for Betsy to marry if I died, I'd pick Jason Bourne.
Wow Meagan, you guys are just all over the place! Ella is so darling! I wish I could see her (for real- not just in extremely cute pics)! Did you put in a good word for me with the Voges? You should whenever you see them! ;) (*giggle*)
PS- I miss you big sis!
Those houses are darling! I love them! How cute are you? I'm so glad you took so many pictures so we could all see what you guys did. I would love to live there. So cute. Ella is growing up way too fast! I wish I could see you guys. I bet you're so glad to be home.
So I love the pictures of the houses- how cool! It just looks so nice there- I think it is awesome that you got to surprise your Grandma! It was fun talking with you and I will call you again later this week. I was lucky- I was able to transport Abby and Jason from the car into their respective beds for naps and they continued to sleep! Lucky me! :) Have a good day!
Post a Comment