Monday, August 20, 2007

Utah

We spent the weekend in Utah. Benj's grandmother, Norinne Callister, celebrated her 96th birthday Saturday. This is a four generation picture on the Becker's deck in Bountiful.

Also, one of Benj's Ukrainian mission converts (Olia) was sealed in the Salt Lake Temple this weekend.

She is a great pioneer for the LDS Church in western Ukraine, the third member of the Church in Lutsk, served a mission in London and is currently getting her M.A. in English teaching at BYU. Benj, President Voge and Nate right after the sealing.

This is a traditional Ukrainian wedding cake. Olia's mom made it in Lutsk and carried it on her lap all the way to Salt Lake!

Ella loved being the center of attention with aunt Sara, grandparents, friends and family.

8 comments:

megan said...

Amazing that her mom carried the cake on her lap the whole way! Wow! Looks like it was a beautiful wedding! Ella is so adorable!

Tammy said...

Ella is so big I cant believe it! I also can't believe how long your hair is it looks great!

Beka said...

What a wonderful trip! A birthday celebration and a special wedding. And, Ella looks extra beautiful in blue!

rln said...

Beautiful Bride. Ella is a show-stopper.

Russell said...

Wow. There's no way you would ever guess his nationality! I expect they'll have a great time when they return to Ukraie to build up the church there.

The Reichmans said...

I can't believe you came to Utah and I didn't even get to see you! I hope I get to the next time you come!

Sals said...

I'm loving the temple idea!...it's so hard to get there when you have kids! It's also so great that Benj got to be at the sealing of one of his converts...just makes you want to go on a mission all over again, seeing the SL temple and seeing that! :)

Melly Mel said...

NO way, ELLA is so cute! I can't believe how much her hair has grown. I can't believe that woman carried that cake on her lap. It must have been delish! You and Benj are adorable. I miss you guys. I'm glad we have our weekly chats. They help me from missing the Beckers and SF too much. Take Care girlfriend! xoxo Melis and Jack