Friday, July 13, 2012

Lviv Art Gallery

There is a Count's home - turned museum - in Center that we finally checked out. It was built in the 1880's, and one of the museum sections is of original furnishings ... it was like walking through a Jane Austin novel ... or Hearst Castle. 

Unfortunately photographs weren't allowed (a very Ukrainian rule, I'm finding, when it comes to museums) but we snuck a few anyway - "mirror, mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all." 

Though I should mention, for the record, that Ella reprimanded me for not following the rules and taking pictures - she's such a great example. Here are a few of my illegal photos in case you don't make it to the museum yourself ...





 of course, for the five and under crowd the best part was playing with the humidifier.
And here are some of the interior furnishings...

On our way back to the Tranby (loving that public transportation!) we bought some craft yarn, and the store had a whole wall (plus) of buttons. If I were a button collector (which I'm not) it would have been heaven!


And a few other 'legal' pictures I took along the way ...

No comments: