We had lunch at the Scharffen Berger chocolate factory today (in Berkeley):
6 ladies, 6 kids, and a lot of chocolate.
For those of us with less refined chocolate palettes (like me), it's a bit bitter...
as in 80%+ cacao bean: a fine dark chocolate lovers dream.
But, she knew I needed a little down time to put my feet up and read Three Cups of Tea (book club). So, being the gem that she is, Ella happily hung out in her crib for an hour and entertained herself while I read on the couch: not an every day occurrence.


Then we took advantage of the nice weather and headed over to Washington park.
Then we took advantage of the nice weather and headed over to Washington park.
Ella spent most of her play time roaming and playing in the drinking fountain
(her favorite attraction of any park).
Benj came home a little early and Ella was slap-happy laughing as he entertained her with some cool tricks. All in all, a great day.
In other news, Ella's ear starting spewing yellow puss last Thursday. Turns out she had a really bad ear infection (probably due to our flight home) and her eardrum burst. Poor thing - she is better now, but I felt like a terrible mom for not knowing she had an ear infection.
This is my not-so-successful picture of her ear.
9 comments:
That chocolate look yummy!!! Ella is getting so big. That is to bad about her ear. Danika had a double ear infection about a month ago.
What fun. I love the picture with Ella and you. Today is a good day, over the hump so will see you soon Ella.
Looks like fun! Yum. Mmm...Nate and I will have to check out that place. I feel like I've lost touch with everyone. Hope things are well.
It looks like you girls had so much fun! It was good to see recent pictures of everyone! I miss you guys so much. So sorry to see and hear that Ella had an ear infection. You're a great mom. I hope you are feeling well. You look awesome!
Those desserts look SO good. I have a picture of us in Hong Kong with our trainers...the 4 of us with 6 HUGE desserts.
That is sad about Ella's ear! Those can be so painful!
YUM!! That place looked yummy! Next time we visit we'll have to go there!!
I can't wait to visit. It all looks like so much fun. Hope Ella is feeling better.
Meagan! Where have you disappeared to? I keep trying to get a hold of you, but it's not working. How are you?
Oh, poor Ella. I'm sure she is all better by now, but it is still sad to think of her little ear hurting so.
Post a Comment