Sunday, April 27, 2008

18 months

Today was Ella's first official day in nursery (though we've been going together for the last month +, she turned a year and a half yesterday). I'm an unofficial nursery helper, so I think I will stay with her for at least a few more weeks. Ella actually likes being in nursery and playing with her friends. All of the kids are so cute and I enjoy being in there too.
~
Yesterday we went to the SF Ballet company's "New Works B" performance (thank you Bethany for generously sharing your season tickets).
The music was wonderful and I really liked the first act.
I definitely prefer traditional ballet, because the next three acts were more modern and we actually ended up closing our eyes for the majority of the second act.
~

Ella is way to busy to go to the ballet these days~
she has more fun activities, like cleaning the car, to keep her occupied.
I love this kid!
~
Earlier this week we saw Broadways' first national tour of High School Musical.
It was excellent. I loved it. Bought a poster.
~
We're moving houses next weekend (always a bigger task than anticipated), and have started packing up things. This is our living room as of Friday night:
This is what it looks like now:

We are excited to have more space in our new place, but truth be told, we love living here. We love the location, that we are walking distance to Broadway and Burlingame Ave, how close the Bay is, our neighbors, etc. I just keep reminding myself that in 6 months we'll really appreciate the extra bedroom, bathroom and garage space... plus, from where we'll be in Millbrae we're only 10 minutes to the ocean instead of the current 15-20 minute drive.

14 comments:

Petersons said...

Oh man you guys have been busy! Ella looked so cute in the red overalls! I miss hanging out with you everyday! Sorry you don't feel well, hopefully we can hang out on Tuesday?

Sals said...

Good luck with the move Meagan!! HOpe you settle in quickly and it starts feeling like home again...I've been busy cleaning out the house and throwing/giving away whatever we possibly can as we're pretty sure we'll be moving to Singapore in the next 3mths...figured I'd do something each week now instead of crammming!!! :) But it can be sooo overwhelming somedays!

Ingrid said...

I am glad to hear that Ella loves nursery. Sarah doesn't. She starts chanting home the minute sacrament meeting is over. We have made some progress in the last few weeks now that her friend is in there too. Good luck with the move. You will love the extra room.

Tammy said...

It is so nice when you can offically take your kids to nursery. I loved it!! I am sad to see you move out of your apartment, but glad you will have more space. It is amazing how much stuff you will have after 2 kids. It just gives us a reason to come visit. We will have to see the new place.

sara said...

i agree about the ballet -- i much prefer the traditional. my favorite is coppelia. good luck with the move -- sorry we are stealing some of your movers;)

megan said...

Yeah on nursery!! It's so nice to be able to have them occupied for those last two hours! And that's cool about HSMusical, I'll have to put it on my list of somedays! :) And good luck with your move. Ella will love being closer to the beach, you will LOVE having more space and all in all it will be so nice! Good luck with it all!

Brittany said...

Ella's laugh was killing me...so cute! I loved the video of her helping to wash the car - what a girl! And good luck with the move. I'm impressed at how you got the living room boxed up.

Anonymous said...

NO MAGIC WAND IN MOVING, JUST YUK, BUT MAYBE TO GOOD FAIRY WILL COME TO HELP. THAT KID IS THE BEST MEDICINE FOR A GRANPA TO FULLY RECOVER.

Melly Mel said...

Oh I can't believe you guys are moving. So many changes. Ella in nursery. I wish I could have gone to the ballet with you! I miss you!

Amy Jane said...

You are right--the bandana and red overalls were adorable. I'm excited to see you guys!!

Beka said...

That video of Ella is priceless...what a doll!

Kacey said...

Best of luck with the move! It's not my favorite way to spend a weekend, but it is fun to settle somewhere new.

Sarah said...

You will have to post pictures of your new house! Thats so good that nursery is working out for Ella...we're still having a hard time with it. She is so cute and looks like such a great helper!

debbie rowley said...

I love the pictures of Ella washing the car! She is so cute :) Good luck with the move! I know how hard all that packing is especially with a toddler "helping" you pack!