She was born just before midnight on Tuesday, September 21st.
I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say, it was not my most graceful of the three deliveries.
Mary is a doll and we feel so blessed to have her as part of our family.
Mary is a doll and we feel so blessed to have her as part of our family.
Note on the name: All three of our girls (Ella Jane, Anne Catherine, Mary Susan) are named after family - Mary is my mom's first name (Mary Lee) and Susan is Benj's mom's first name (Susan Jane).
Also, I was named after fictitious character (Meghann) in the novel Thornbirds. While I was pregnant with Mary, our book club read Georgette Heyer's "Devil's Cub" and the protagonist/ heroine is Mary.
Finally, in reading a biography by Joseph Fielding Smith, Benj has been sharing remarkable stories with our family of Mary Fielding Smith - her faith, courage, and service. For a time while I was in labor, I reminded myself of some of the hardships Mary Fielding endured, and it encouraged me to push on (no pun intended:)).
16 comments:
Congratulations! Wow, Mary Susan is beautiful! 2 weeks early! What a surprise?! I have to say you look AMAZING! I can't believe you just had a baby!
Yeah! Congrats! She looks just like you Meagan! You two sure make cute babies :) I'm sorry to hear that your delivery wasn't as smooth as you would have hoped, but I'm glad she arrived safely. You look great!
Congrats! She really is a beautiful baby and ditto to the comments that you look awesome.
Congrats!! I am so glad that Mary is here!! She is a doll...she looks like Ella when she was a baby!! You look great for just having a baby. I am glad that you guys are home safe and give those girls a big hug for me! Tell Benj if he gets a little overwhelmed he can always call Dave...Dave will understand!!
Congrats Meags! She is abosultely adorable and you look amazing as well. However, I do want details! :) Please share! I think birth stories are one of the best parts of babies (kind of selfish because other people's are not mine to know- but it's always so amazing to see how these little ones want to make their arrival into this world!) I hope that you are recovering ok and that despite the rocky way- it was kind of bearable! if that's possible? :) Hope you are well and congrats beautiful girl!
Congratulations! You both look beautiful! Like Megan, I LOVE birth stories. But, I guess I understand if you want to keep it private :) Good luck with your 3 girls. What a lucky man Benj is!
Congratulations on your sweet new baby girl. I hope you are all doing well, and enjoying this fun time with a new baby.
Missing all 3 girls already. :) LOVE YOU ALL!!
Mary Jane is beautiful. Three little girls. How wonderful! We'll be looking forward to seeing all of you.
Lots of love,
Aunt Carol & Uncle Jerry
beautiful mom and baby! Congrats!!
Congrats on your new little girl...I will have to come see her. Cute name.
Sorry this is so late, but congratulations! Mary Susan is beautiful and looks just like her mommy :) Hope you're settling into life with 3 girls!
What a cutie! I loved hearing those little noises Mary made in church today...Amber and I were giggling, because she made a baaaaaa sound that sounded like a little sheep!
Ah, she is a talented girl already! :)
Hey megs-I am coming to San Fran next week with my sister and some of her friends to go to the second half of the art exhibit at the de Young. We will be in town for a couple of days. What are your favorite things to do since you know the area? I don't know how possible it would be, but I would love to see you while we are there. I am sure life is crazy with 3 kiddos so I completely understand if it doesn't work out. If you have a min could you email me some suggestions?
thanks
Congratulations! Your girls are adorable!
Post a Comment