Anne celebrated her first birthday on July 1st.
We also blew bubbles,
Not to detract from the guest of honor, but I would like to take this moment to introduce you to one of our favorite neighbors ... Joh-Sun Poh-Poh. That's a rough Cantonese romanization for "good morning maternal grandmother."
This great lady lives down the street and tends her two grandsons. They walk by our home to and from school everyday and she's become a dear friend. We share garden treats and, since she doesn't speak a lick of English, she helps me brush up on my lacking language skills. Last week she was telling me a story about a neighbor in southern China who's 6 year old son got bit by a dog ... or maybe there were 6 dogs ...? Needless to say I left the conversation feeling like I did in high school Spanish class when we'd listen to audio recordings of Juan and Anita going to the market and then have to answer questions about what we overheard ... totally lost. Anyway, Anne and Ella love her. Just the other day Ella had a break down and when I asked her what she needed she said, "I want Joh-Sun Poh-Poh!"
Here's a picture of our happy family moments before yet another Ella breakdown that had us leaving Anne's party before most guests.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNE! WE LOVE YOU!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Anne! I can't believe that you are one!!
I wish we could have been there with you!!
I will get your birthday package in the mail soon!!
Happy Birthday Anne! Wow, I can't believe that she is already one. It looks like you had such a fun party to celebrate. :)
WE LOVE YOU ANNE! Happy 1st! Wish we could have been there :)
Happy Birthday Anne! I can't believe a whole year has gone by already. I love the pictures with the cake. It looks like another great party with the Becker's.
What a festive celebration. I'm realizing that Meagan...you are one amazing party planner! I also love the girl's patriotic outfits. Adorable.
Happy Birthday Anne! She's such a darling baby!
Happy Birthday Anne!! Looks like a really fun birthday! Hope you are well and happy! Miss you!
Post a Comment