Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bangs

I have a cowlick and widow's peak, so bangs never really worked for me.
That's not to say I didn't try. I vividly remember staying in the girls bathroom with Amy Hecht during recess in 4th grade and snipping away at our hair - only to be left with unruly spikes, that eventually grew back as wisps, that turned into bangs, that never laid flat.

Anne, however, has a different head of hair. I've been clipping the mop back with barrettes and such, and yet there are always a few pieces that insist on laying flat on her forehead. So, yesterday I did her vision a favor and cut the hair that hung in her eyes.
I saved the hair too, and conveniently labeled the Ziploc bag September 10, 2009 - 9/10/09. Strange, since yesterday (the day I cut the hair) was June 10th.

7 comments:

Meredith said...

Love her bangs! Yea for cowlicks and widow's peaks...I feel your pain of never having bangs. Baby Lee shares my hairline so I guess he'll never have bangs either :-)

Amy Jane said...

So so cute! The bangs make her look so old!

Ingrid said...

She looks so cute, and very grown up. She looks so much like you did as a baby (at least in my memory). :)

Tammy said...

I think that her bangs look cute. They show off her cute little face. You did a great job cutting them.

SHIPP said...

I haven't checked blogs in awhile. Anne is so big. She looks so grown up with her big girl haircut. I hope you guys our doing well.

Brittany said...

I love the bangs. It's a great look for her. She is an absolute doll.

Ambyr said...

I can't believe how big Anne has gotten-and beautiful! Great job on the bangs...you've come a long way in the hair cutting department since 4th grade ;)

The date thing cracked me up. So something I would do.