Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

I love dressing Ella~ I think it is because I never had an "American Girl" doll and I always wanted one. So, now I take "holiday dressing" seriously and poor Ella has to sport the garb and glasses. Ella officially has her first tooth (bottom).
For Memorial Day we celebrated by doing "American" things like washing the cars, getting rid of weeds, basketball (Benj) and Ella and I took long walk around the neighborhood. We visited Ada and Howard Shurtz and thanked him for his service in the army. Then we ended the day with the Andersons and Baileys and a make-shift BBQ. Let freedom ring!

6 comments:

Ivan Makarov said...

Meagan -
That's funny that I sit next to Carolyn, how weird it was when she pulled Melissa's blog on her computer and said "hey - I've seen this before."

Yes, I did take the photos on my web-site, all of them.

My relatives are actually serving all over the place, but they are still living at home, which is nice.

Quin said...

Ella is soooooooooo cute ^^ hope to see her someday in future !!

How's everything with you and Benj ?! please say hello and send my LOVE to your lovely family for me ^^

Love ya tons,
Quin

Russell said...

I sent a picture of Ella to the baby girl merchants at Gymbo so they can keep her outfit in mind for a later date 4th of July

Grace Ryan said...

Meagan, first of all you Beckers were adorable at church today. All matching. You better blog that. Also, I have spoken to Ryan about your idea about our offical ward entertainer so he will be our music for our ward picnic on July 14th at the park. We are going to swim and slip 'n slide to an acordian & a diggery-do.

Grace Ryan said...

PS sorry I didn't comment on how cute you dressed Ella. You guys are too cute. I love what you did on Memorial Day weekend. Tell Jen I say "hi" when you talk to her next.

Susie Becker said...

Ella looks adorable! I'm sure that she's holding her arms out for her Grandma Susie to hold her. Can't wait to be with you guys at Balboa.